CASSATA SUPERMOIST CARROT CAKE (Makes a Two layer 8 inch Carrot Cake or 24 Carrot Cupcakes)
Whole Wheat Flour 400g
Egg Whites Only 8 OR Full Eggs 4
Brown Sugar 250g
Vegetable Oil 1 Cup + 1/3Cup
Baking Soda 2.5 teaspoon
Carrots 500g (grated large)
Crushed Pineapple 200g (not drained)
Dessicated Coconut 100g (optional)
Cinnamon 2 teaspoons
Nutmeg 1 teaspoon
Ground ginger Half teaspoon
Vanilla Oil or Extract 1 teaspoon
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Grease and line two 8 inch pans or line two 12 hole muffin/cupcake trays with cupcake papers. Place a pan of water in the oven.
2. Blend together sugar and eggs until thick and creamy (either by hand or with a mixer).
3. Add whole wheat flour, and all other ingredients and mix together with a wooden spoon or a very slow running mixer, until well combined.
4. Pour into prepared pan and bake for 35 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick//skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Leave to cool in pan for 15- 20 minutes the turn over to a wire rack or board to cool completely.
INSTRUCTOR’S NOTES :
*Always place a pan of water in the oven when baking this cake. It keeps it moist.
*Once cooled, this cake should be wrapped in cling film to retain the moisture then refrigerated in a cold refrigerator and consumed within 48 hours.
*Cassata Carrot Cake can be decorated with different types of frostings such as Cassata Miracle Frosting, Cassata Cream Cheese Frosting*, Whipped Cream, Cassata Buttercream, etc.
*Learn how to make your own Cream Cheese in Module 9 and Cassata Cream Cheese Frosting in Module 3.
* Do not use soya bean oil or groundnut oil for this cake, they will alter the taste.
*You can combine whole wheat flour and white flour in this cake, half and half.
* If your client is very health conscious you can use 8 egg whites instead of 4 full eggs.
*Dessicated coconut is optional but it gives extra fibre for the very health conscious client.